Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Price of a Yard

Yesterday Abbey told me that she wishes there were no such thing as money. She had it all figured out - we would just go to the store and get what we wanted. I like her idea and tried to explain selfishness and human nature, but she didn't quite get it. Sometimes I wish a kid would run this world. Sharing would be a must. We have had a few bids on doing some things in our back yard, like a new deck stairway, cement, and an awning. Our yard has never been finished nor usable. We don't have the energy anymore to be do-it-yourselfers, so we seem to be at the mercy of contractors. They are expensive! The bid tonight was $10,000, yes I said $10,000. You would think we were building an addition on to our home. At this point, I don't know what to do. I knew it would cost a bit, but who knew it would be a third of my yearly income!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I'll build it! And I'm cheap! :)