Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Doha Zoo


Last week we finally made it to the Doha Zoo. We took numerous photos. It was a wonderful day, and we all got to feed the resident elephant and listen to the roaring contest between the two lions and the one tiger. Two days ago I thought I had copied all the photos onto the computer. So of course, ignoring that nagging voice inside my head that said, "WAIT!" I deleted them from the camera. Then when I tried to put a photo on my blog, I realized that only ten of the 285 photos were copied into the file. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!


The good news is that after hours of learning, a few screams in frustration, and a few bucks shelled out, I was able to recover the deleted photos from the camera using a program called PhotoRescue. So let me know if you ever need to recover some photos - I can tell you about all the highs and lows of the process.

Brett likes to visit his cousins now and then.

So here are some (no, not all 275) expensive photos. I hope they are worth it!







Abbey and Brett were TERRIFIED of the alligator!

Ha, ha Mr. Vulture! I cheated you out of my dead photos.

3 comments:

Marinda said...

Oh, that has to be the worst feeling. I'm so impressed that you were able to recover them.

Is the last picture seriously a vulture? He is one ugly bird!

Amy said...

That's no Hogle Zoo! I love the beautiful grounds - so impressive. I'm so glad you recovered your pictures. I'll have to ask you how to do it if that ever happens to me!

Benjamin said...

Nice work Mom! Way to go recovering all those pictures! Reminds me of our last trip to the zoo...I miss you guys!