Saturday, September 22, 2012

Autumn Blessings


We are so happy, so peaceful about being home in Utah again after our four year adventure in Qatar.  We took some time today to enjoy the fall colors as we drove home from Provo via the Alpine Loop (which is where Robert Redford's Sundance is for all you non-locals).

It was so glorious to behold the beauty of autumn, and we were especially appreciative because we haven't seen the fall colors in person since 2007.  It was long overdue.  I marvel at what God has made for us to see.  Enjoy these beautiful shots, especially those of you in the Middle East who have been on a fall fast for awhile like we have.


 I think there is a hawk in the distance in this one.




2 comments:

Karl and Afton said...

Your beautiful eye really helps me drink it in. Yes, the fasting does make it all the more beautiful!

Ben Alabaster said...

Dianna,

Firstly - welcome home even though you've been home for 6 months now, and even though I don't know you... and nor do I live in Utah. But it's always good to return home after so long away. So a belated welcome.

Secondly, thank you for the effort you have put into your blog over the years. I just stumbled across you by chance when looking for things I need to know before accepting a job in Qatar. I've read a lot of it with great interest. As I've just read some job postings that sound very promising.

I'm a British expat living in Canada, so I'm familiar with being thrown into surroundings that are alien to you. Reading your expat perspective on Qatar was even more enlightening than I was hoping to find when I began my search - and you can always trust an expat to give you just the information you really need to know before moving to a country... information a native would never think to question or volunteer to someone considering making the leap.