Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Adam




Today is the day before the day before Christmas, so Abbey has declared that it is "Christmas Adam." I guess because Adam came before Eve. I thought that was pretty clever. It has been a great day - no migraine, not much elbow pain, and I got a FULL night's sleep. It is amazing what I can accomplish when I get enough sleep and don't have debilitating pain. Tonight we had our annual Reilley party with our good friends the Reilleys. They are so great and we have known them for a very long time. This annual party started eighteen or nineteen years ago and it has survived all the changes and bumps our two families have been through. Lori and I have known each other since I was in elementary school. We were in the same ward when my family lived in the Granger 14th ward. She is a devoted friend and has called me EVERY day this last year. It has been her way of helping me through a tough year while I have battled my on-going depression. I am so thankful for her friendship and devotion. She is an inspiration to me. I am blessed to have her in my life. I am very blessed to have so many in my life who love me! I love this part of Christmas - appreciating the best kind of gifts I have been given. This life is amazing and wonderful, and as Abbey has pointed out, it all started with Adam.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

What cute pictures! I'm so thankful for Lori, too!

Benjamin said...

Ha ha! Merry Christmas Adam! I sure miss you guys!