Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Fantasy Diabetes Device

Today's Diabetes Blog Week prompt:  Today let’s tackle an idea inspired by Bennet of Your Diabetes May Vary.  Tell us what your Fantasy Diabetes Device would be?  Think of your dream blood glucose checker, delivery system for insulin or other meds, magic carb counter, etc etc etc.  The sky is the limit – what would you love to see?


Well, duh!  A cure, plain and simple.  And not the kind I have to get with a dual kidney/pancreas transplant where someone has to die to give me those necessary organs and I have to take anti-rejection medication for the rest of my life.  I want this cure in the form of a trip to Hawaii where I get to lie on the beach and have the cure "medication" delivered to me through a series of fruity, tropical smoothies and daily massages. Oh, I guess I forgot the technology part.  Well, that could be a fancy alarm system that would let me know when I need another vital massage or pancreas curing smoothie.  Yep, that's what I call a fantasy.

No comments: